View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 05:20 PM   #93
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I've provided links to its usage going back 7 years, and the reference in question suggests it predates that by some time.

In what way does it invalidate Armageddon?

The post I linked to contains no instances of "IMHO". The entire conversation of 17 posts contains a single instance of "IMHO", which was specifically made in reference to whether or not levels in roleplaying games should be hidden.

Then I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree, as to me, people using the term over a period of 7+ years indicates "history" to me, at least in mud terms.

Neither are any mud terms. What is an "RP mud"? As has been demonstrated already, going by its literal meaning Doom is an RP mud. But do most people consider Doom to be an RP mud?

Where are the lists of criteria for "RP", "PK", "GoP" and "HnS"?
Who developed those lists?
Who maintains them?

If I talk about a PK mud, people familiar with that term immediately have an idea of what sort of mud that is. The same if I talk to someone familiar with RP muds - and the RPI is no different.

You dislike the term, and you're obviously not familiar with it - but other people are, and ignoring them isn't going to change the fact that if someone lists a mud as an RPI, many potential players will have immediate expectations about what sort of features that mud will offer.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote