View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 03:05 PM   #1
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
I’m done with these forums. There are some intelligent, highly competent people on these forums. Unfortunately, there are also some people who seem to have a problem with other people’s success and look for reasons to bash them. I’d just about had enough of it myself and should have just given up on these forums after I actually had to shut up one loud-mouthed juvenile here with a threatened lawsuit for implying that Achaea supports/condones pedophilia. (Talk about looking for ANY excuse to attack a more successful mud developer.)  

These attacks on Aardwolf are the final straw for me. They’re a great mud with a far larger claim to representing this mythical “the mud community” than these forums do (they, like most large muds, have considerably more mudders than these forums do). And yet we have to put up with a few people here claiming that their handful of voices represents “the mud community” and implying that “the mud community” condemns Aardwolf’s actions. Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. The mud community clearly supports Aardwolf. That is what is called ‘reality’. They have thousands of players. Do you have thousands of people speaking up against them? I thought not. Not that it should matter whether “the mud community” supports Aardwolf or not. They’re not violating the license, as is really fairly obvious to anyone interested in thinking about this critically, and thus it doesn’t matter if 100,000 mudders condemned their behavior.

Anyway, no doubt a few of you will be happy not to have me involved in discussions here (though I’ll still post announcements). Funny how all the top mud developers either don’t bother with mud forums (Simutronics for instance) or eventually get disgusted by the juveniles in them and simply stop participating. Probably explains why the quality of practical discussion is generally so low. The wannabes drown out the people actually doing it and doing it well. It’s a shame too but without real moderation I don’t see it changing.

Grow up and leave Aardwolf alone.

--matt
P.S. I’m not referring to you Hephos, despite starting that thread about Aardwolf. I realize you started it more as a way of pointing out the hypocrisy of the forum members who shout the loudest about the DIKU license. I’m also not really talking about you Kavir, though I think you’ve dug yourself such a deep hole with your long-standing DIKU re-interpretation that you’re not willing to look at it objectively anymore.
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote