View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #6
Adelai

Adelai is on a distinguished road
I'm always split on this.

On the one hand, having spent a lot of my admin time as the person who deals with players so abrasive Imps don't have to, I understand the importance of being nice to players.

However, nice has qualifications, at least in my way of doing things. Nice does not mean that any player, however valid their point, has the right to be abusive to staff or other players. Nice does not mean being polite to the one at the expense of the whole. Nice does not even mean that a player is owed instant answers to their qustions.

Sometimes work is its own reward.

This is not to say be abusive. But there's a line between abusive and making people actually do work to get ahead. If someone has a question, point them to the helpfile before answering it straight up. Otherwise, and I know this from experience, then the next time they forget that bit of information, they just ask again... and again...

So, as a long answer to a short question, we don't have anything written. We have a complaint system in place. When an imm has to deal with a mortal whose behavior could possibly lead to disciplinary action (ie spamming questions or other mild nusiance activities) we ask them to log the event. And if someone is accused of antagonizing players without cause, they're warned. If the behavior's seen by other imm (again, logging is good) they're demoted on probation, meaning that if no other incidents occur within 2 months, their original level is reinstated.
Adelai is offline   Reply With Quote