View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #25
DarkOzma

Home MUD: Dragonball Evolution
DarkOzma is on a distinguished road
Re: MUDs Don't Have To Die

FMUD shutdown a while back and my website admin has been MIA. I really don't care much about my website, it doesn't get DBE new players and it's more work than it's worth. I rather focus on my MUD, not some silly website that isn't needed. I used to care about the website but now it's lost in a sea of google searches that involve the Dragonball Evolution movie. Plus as most players have told me before in the past, they don't play DBE to visit the website, they play DBE to play DBE.

Now you say this changelog is normal for a project of this size but I'm pretty sure my MUD(project) is much bigger than yours and is way more in-depth but the change logs don't look like that at all. DBE's changelogs are filled with actual content and balance changes. Maybe you are doing a lot of cool updates on your MUD but you need to have your changelogs reflect that. Most people who see those changelogs will only notice the rampant bugs, bug fixes and gibberish changes. Even if your most recent change is boring, you should make it at least sound interesting to appeal to a potential new player. I'm not saying you need to add fluff to your change logs or make up lies, but they could use a little more detail and less silly changes that aren't actual changes.
DarkOzma is offline   Reply With Quote