Thread: Enough
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 08:37 PM   #14
Sidmouth

Sidmouth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sidmouth
So you feel that knowing what color socks shaolong wears has really helped you to get to know him?  Shaolong was curious if other mudders had similar sock preferences?

Think about this for a couple of seconds.

Look, there used to be some great topics in here and not all of them were related to muds, but all of them were at least a little though provoking and most were likely to be relevant because of the subject matter.  The old 'what d&d class/race are you?' thread was very likely to get a good response because there are lots of roleplayers around here (far out!)  Discussing neverwinter nights will get you interesting respones too, cause we have a lot of gamers here (bizarre!) Books, roleplaying games, cool internet sites, fantasy movies, mud clients, and a hundred other things, many of which have very little to do with muds, could make interesting threads here.

But your sock color?  Threads started asking for flames (what do you have against me)?  Favorite fast food restaurant?  I don't have these conversations with my rl friends, and I certainly don't care to have them here.

What's worse, these threads are bombarded by spam, which clogs up the recent discussions, and in turn they start threads like this one, which are necessary but ideally would not exist.
Sidmouth is offline   Reply With Quote