Thread: Enough
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 07:50 PM   #6
Sidmouth

Sidmouth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sidmouth
I strongly agree that tavern threads should not appear in the recently updated discussions box.  They push out the legitimate topics and very nearly eliminate any benefit most people get from the updated discussions box in the first place.  This will allow most people who wish to stick to the true mud discussion to do so and simply ignore the tavern.

Further, I think posts like the socks post should probably not be allowed.  Even though the tavern is a 'place to talk about everything', I think this should still be in the context of muds.  There are several threads that are, imo, good tavern threads.  I like the 'retaining players' thread a lot (could arguably be somewhere else), the what do you read thread (relevant because 90% of mud themes are pulled from sci-fi and fantasy literature), the thread about being an imm (though the quality of the poll itself is rather low, some good discussion) and a handful of others are borderline ok.  However, there are thousands of forums on the internet.  If you want to discuss the color of your socks, go find a sock forum, a fashion forum, or a 12 year old culturally stereotypical girl column (no offense intended to 12 year old girls).

Fixing the recent discussion box is the very *least* which needs to be done.  At least let us avoid this mindless babble.
Sidmouth is offline   Reply With Quote