View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 11:27 PM   #3
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
Why do I build? To take that world I imagine in my head and transform it into an actual, tangible thing, in a sense, that you can walk through and see from a different perspective. I do it for the same reasons that I write: to put my ideas and visions on paper, so to speak.

Why don't I build? Because sometimes, I am more content with exploring the world in my head, instead of actually taking the time to make it into a tangible thing, that may not live up to the way I had imagined it. And, like Kyrene said, at times it can seem more like work, and I need to be in the right mood, and get the right inspiration in order to continue building.

That is why a lot of my projects start out moving smoothly, and then slowly die out as I lose my creative motivation. So how would I keep motivated? Maybe take a break for a while, and then come back to it when I'm feeling more in the mood to build. Or maybe start on a side project, to help inspire me with my main project. Or maybe think "Hm.. we need better equipment for sheath, forearm, elbow, and shin slots.. I should start working on my area so I can make some..." *smile*
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote