Thread: Seventh Sun?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
TSSIvory

TSSIvory is on a distinguished road
Re: Seventh Sun?

REPOST: From another thread.

Well this is a really old post but I feel the need to respond.

Yes, I had programming problems, yes its a big task, yes to all of that . But that's not the reason that the project disappeared. I was hosting the server offsite with a company called Hostaway.net. One day, I went to log in to administer the server (had a PLESK OS) and the license on it was expired. So I started calling.. Trying to get them on the phone to fix it.

No one answered.

No one returned my messages.

No one answered the support tickets.

After about 2 weeks, I was starting to come to the realization they were gone.

With my information.

All of it.

Years... and years. Heh.

I have no excuse. I have nothing to say other than I went pretty much off the ole' rocker. Everything came down on me at that point. The programming issues, the loss of everything, having just had a baby that was not helping! I had stayed out of work for 3 years to devote to that project full time and basically after pushing the reset button more times than I can count, I just.... eh. I kind of curled up in a ball really.

So... A few months ago, I was digging through an old hard drive and I found a very old back up of TSS stuff. About 1.5 years of work was lost to the disappearing Hostaway.net (who has since been bought out by Global Stat who has NO EARTHLY idea what I am talking about when I call... ) but... we have about 8k of the 14k or so rooms we had. Further, I finally got my domain back after waiting for it to Expire... heh. Finally did, and got it back. It was registered with the Hostaway people.

So. Here we are.

Whats going on Chel?! Where can I go to throw rotten fruit at you?! will answer both of those questions =] also works.

I am currently paying a Java Programmer who will start April 5th or there abouts modifying the codebase. Do not ask me when alpha/beta will be as I have no clue and will never get myself in THAT trap again =) We are working hard and have been on the downlow for a couple months now. I am now set up and ready to move forward 'properly' and that's what we are doing.

I know a lot of you put much time into TSS. I am very sorry that I let you down. I was just very devastated. No excuse, just the reason. Hopefully, you can let me make it up to you.

Sincerely,
Chel Ramsey aka Ivory
TSSIvory is offline   Reply With Quote