View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #54
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
1) You routinely insult other MUDs, singly and in groups. You insult staff, players, and anyone who disagrees with you on a forum. You do not have a leg to stand on regarding this topic. I would provide citations, as I have on previous occasions, but other posters already have. Heck ,you insulted me in a thread I haven't posted in, in the very post you complain about people insulting people. It's hypocrisy of the highest order, and it's the kind of amateurish behavior that drags down the discussion threads.

2) There are a number of games with larger playerbases than Carrion Fields. Feel free to search, but you won't find me being critical of any of the other big players besides IRE and Medievia, including games far larger than yours.

As an example from this site, I wouldn't play Aardwolf-- I prefer roleplaying games with more tightly-focused themes and PvP action. But a lot of people do like Aardwolf, even more than the number than like Carrion Fields. Where are the "anti-Aardwolf" threads? There aren't any, because Aardwolf handles themselves more professionally than you do.

My specific problem with IRE stems from misleading advertising. I am aware you can legally get away with the term "free", just like you can legally get away with a lot of shady things in the world of advertising. My stance remains that TMS/TMC/etc. are under no obligation to label your games "free", and would better serve their customers with more accurate descriptions of the games that use their site, regardless of the threats you have made on this matter. Your game is most accurately described as "May pay for perks", and operates under a distinctly different business model than the many "free" MUDs that use this site.

My specific problem with Medievia deals with intellectual property theft and plagiarism, charges which are well- documented by independent code audits.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote