View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 07:44 AM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
In terms of answering the actual question "Where do you value progressive innovation most" I went for a null-vote, as I consider the third and fourth points to be flip sides of the same coin, and thus equally important. I consider the first point to be either slightly more or slightly less important than the third and fourth points, depending on the style of the individual mud.

The second point - the rules and policies - are a very tiny point in comparison to the others. But for the others, your poll would be a bit like asking what's the most important - an administrator, a coder, or a builder. Obviously in most muds you need them all.

However in answer to the content of your post itself, a group of new admin are likely to have very little experience, so any task I might assign them would be likely to reflect that fact. Getting them to investigate the IC world would be a good choice, because it wouldn't require any mudding experience. Another possibility would be to get them to familiarise themselves with say 10 or 20 muds which I consider innovative, and then get together and share (and build on) their new-found knowledge in an attempt to work out what sort of direction the ground-breaking muds are moving in terms of features. Obviously they could only really do this for the visible code, so that's where the focus would lie in such a scenario.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote