Thread: Graphic Maps
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 04:13 PM   #9
Dre

Dre is on a distinguished road
Heya everyone,

I'm not sure if it fits in this forum either, but I must say I got some ideas cause of this thread.

Previous named ideas are good, but especially the map selling and the landmark idea are great. At the mud where I play, people get into the explorers society if they are the first to discover a new zone.

The map idea could go a bit further then automapping. Just make a map editor mode where you can make maps and then sell them. This would cost quills and ink or something, but you could ask a lot for hardly known areas. Of course, if more people are making or copying maps they'll soon devalue. Of course a person making a map could make good money if he made correct maps, and not just someone who makes simple maps which show no secrets and stuff. As a player you can then decide if you want those maps or not. Like this threads show, some people like to have maps and some don't.

An answer on the original question: I love graphical maps, if done correctly. They don't have to show everything, just the basic things. Like towns, rivers forests perhaps one or two castles that are placed somewhere. I wouldn't put all zones entrances in it, leave that for the people to find out. They can tell each other that the entrance is in haon'dor forest and they can then look that up in the map.

Greetings Dre
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote