View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 06:26 PM   #16
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
StygianKING...you didn't address your post to anyone in particular, and several people have posted here. I'll take a gander and pretend like it was directed to me, since I'm the one who started the thread.

First of all, it isn't my game. I'm not an IMP, I'm not a staff member, I'm not even a "Helper". I'm just a regular ordinary player with no special status at all. I have no access to the account of the person who wrote the post.

The guy Sheep posted a public thrashing of the game - and included VERY misleading and in some cases -untrue- statements. I've seen plenty of reviews for Armageddon that are negative, and I've even written two that include some pretty harsh negative criticisms.

I take no issue with people who want to criticize Armageddon. I DO take issue with people who will trash a game based on what SEEMS to be strictly an emotional reaction to a disappointing experience, or an expectation of the game that he shouldn't have had in the first place.

Clearly he is not accustomed to a levelless game where roleplay is not only enforced, but supported by the code and incredibly intensive. But instead of coming out and saying it just plain wasn't his cup of tea - and giving examples why (which would've been totally legit) he chose to "accuse" the game of umm - doing what it advertises that it does.

I wrote this post to correct some erroneous assumptions made on the part of Sheep. His review wasn't a review at all. It was his attempt at getting on his soapbox to take some shots at people who have been lauded - right here on TMS - for contributing to bringing RPIs to a new level.

New readers to this forum might not want to wade through the archives to see this, or might not even know the archives exist to look for the accolades that Armageddon has received over the years.

My intent was to show some of the other side of the coin..observations made by me - someone who feels that Arm has its share of problems, but that has risen to the cream of the crop of the RPI structure despite those problems.

Feel free to wade through the reviews for the ones I've made - I stand by most of them even now that I've been playing for three years. The combat system is not my cup of tea, and I feel it is choppy and awkward and not realistic at all. I like a "true" engagement system, which Arm doesn't have.

Their room descriptions leave much to be desired - in my opinion. But then, people accuse me of being over the top in anal retention when it comes to descriptions and building. It's also a DIKU - and I prefer the smoothness of a MOO.

That's what I wrote in my two previous reviews..and my opinion hasn't changed. But my opinions are based on "correct" observations rather than "emotional" reactions. And that is where I feel Sheep needs work.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote