View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #52
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

So, after talking with Lasher some I'll drop my objection to those four categories since it's hard to argue that less information is better than more when it comes to search. I don't think they really accurately reflect the various models, and of course we're going to continue to truthfully advertise ourselves as free, but it's not worth arguing over any more.

I trust, however, that since we're after information, nobody is going to object to another search category, along the lines of:

[1]. Professionals in charge.
[2]. Hobbyists in charge.

Of course there's never going to be complete agreement about the meaning of those words but then, nobody who is supporting more information ala donation/payment collection can have a problem with that given that there's not agreement here about the meaning of the word free, right?

I support the above mainly because if we're giving people an option to search for the collection of revenue or lack thereof it makes sense to also give people an option to search for one of the differences between MUDs that influences the need to collect that revenue.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote