Thread: Character Ages?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 12:04 AM   #10
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I wouldn't title that 'ancient beings' as roleplay. Then again my definition of roleplay is a lot higher then other peoples. #### the Logos thinks Archae has roleplay and I've been there, all I saw was a bunch of players running around killing stuff, clueless, mindless machines who want to further their characters levels/power, whatever you want to call it. Without any true awareness of what a real character might act, do, think. Back to my earlier comment about ancient beings, how can you possibly claim to be roleplaying this when you have nothing to go off of, except your imagination which in itself is a powerful thing but can only take you so far in your roleplaying. You need to know the character and how they would act, how can I possibly take on the role of an immortal 1000 year old elf when the only thing I have to study for how the character would act is basically, lord of the rings movies or books. On the other hand take a middle-aged mercenary, with exceptional talent, living a simple life, trying to get by. You know how many movies/books have this type of character in them? I've read and WATCHED characters LIKE this so therefore I at least have something to help my character develop, and something to sway my roleplay, I don't have that with 'ancient beings' because they don't exist, they are figments of imagination so are truly hard to create a character out of. At least for me it would be, I expect myself to take a character and to shape and mold it the way I see fit, and frankly I've never met any ancient beings in my time so I don't know how I would do it on a mud, or on the stage, or in a movie if I ever get that far. After all how many actors ever play 'ancient beings'.

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote