View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Rift

Rift is on a distinguished road
Post Sounding the waters for interest

Well, I've done the research. At a friend's request, I'm on a staff and helping to get the MU* set up, the rooms designed, some of the coding done, and the setting...

We've contacted the book series' author for permission to see if it's okay to use their theme, so that's hopefully legal issues out of the way. We've got our grid designed, and we're scouring for server hosts...

It's now just an issue of interest. The game is going to be science fiction with fantasy smatterings. We're all what you'd call "experienced" roleplayers with staffing and administrative/policy experience, and halfway decent coders who're willing to learn, but we're not sure if enough players will be interested in the idea and theme.

Can anyone recommend places to post up a general "Hey, who thinks this is interesting/has heard of this theme?" call? Or other advice? Do you think that people will come if you have a good theme anyway, without necessarily being a fan of the base "setting"?

It's going to be quite RP-centric, although coded combat resolution and other systems will be in place to help out, and for fun's sake. I just want to know, if anyone can say, what to do to see other people's opinions on my theme, before "wasting" the resources to test our a hare-brained idea. Or, is it impossible to tell until I start up?

Tips for the unsure MU-er who's been roped into starting something new, would be good.

Even tips for if we -do- start on the theme would be nice. Like, where to advertise for players/staff (Other than the fine forums here, of course).
Rift is offline   Reply With Quote