View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #3
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sounding the waters for interest

I think it's honestly a gamble for first time MU* developers. Strangely enough, your theme/world isn't going to matter as much as your gameplay and mechanics unless you're the only ones with the rights. Even then, people might not stay if they do not enjoy the way your game is PLAYED. It's very difficult to gauge the interest people have in a game before it's actually open since the gaming industry has generated so much vaporware.

People will come if you have a game worth playing, and they will bring more people. The good thing about going with someone's theme is that they've done all the world creation for you. Now you just have to worry about the game mechanics. Just be very careful in how you deviate from the author's world if you are going that route. Purists can be extremely hard to please.

I wish I could be more help, but honestly, without knowing what your game world offers, it would be very hard for players to judge if they will like it or not. Even with a list, it's impossible to tell how the game will play until we're playing it.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote