View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #10
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: Newest MUDs added

What good is voting if the game is already down to 5-10 people at most? There are a lot of games out there with very small communities--let's call them rump communities (like a rump state, which is a small country left over from a much bigger country)--with great people in them, but will they ever make an impact if they all voted as much as they could?

I was playing such a MUD last week with very nice people. They advanced me through the game very rapidly not just because it was something different to do, but because they wanted more active players. The problem is that I ended up becoming a high level player just by doing what was told OOCly, and as a result I lost interest because everything was all done for me. I was brought to the destination without the journey by people who wanted to keep their game going. The alternative would have been to refuse much of the help and be a body on the who list and a voice in OOC chat, but then I wouldn't have anyone to party through the tougher dungeons with either.

This is why I advocated the "Try a New MUD Day/Weekend/Week." I've been thinking about forming a sort of traveling guild of MUDders who set up a night every so often and work together in a new, struggling game and then write their impressions on TMS and elsewhere to try and help sell the game. I've been busy lately so I haven't done anything to create the guild except think it up.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote