View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 12:03 AM   #17
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Well so much for being diplomatic and polite. Less than sacred, I submit that you are, indeed, less than sacred. Far less, IMNSHO.

KaVir is a lot of things. Pompous, arrogant, wrong on occasion, beligerent once in awhile, and a pain in the ass to anyone who flips him off. But in my experience reading this forum and his posts in the mudconnector, and his own websites, I have yet to see him lie. About anything.

He is absolutely right in his assessment of the player's perception upon entering a game. The first five minutes can make or break you. Just as in real life, appearances count, and first impressions count most.

If I showed up in your game and saw the word Midgaard in anything other than the credits, I'd walk right out without bothering to go any further. KaVir saved me the trouble.

I have no desire to spend the first hour of any game in a stock newbie school doing the same thing that drives me nuts in half the other games I check out.

I don't care that you have 127 original areas. If the FIRST ROOM I show up in isn't original, I'll chalk it up to a lazy attempt or a newbie coder who isn't really a coder at all, but instead just some kid learning how to upload existing code to a port. I'm not a coder and even I could do better than that. And you better believe I would do better than that if I actually wanted to attract people to any game I was creating.

So take your temper tantrum and find someone else to blow it at. You've already shown everyone the kind of IMP people will have to endure if they try your game, and I'm confident that it's only caused you potential players who will now glady look elsewhere.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote