View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #93
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
That's nonsense. I essentially wrote the text for the rule change, as Synozeer mentioned, and my biggest mud is often #2 to Aardwolf. What reason would there possibly be for me to write the rule change so as to specifically permit Aardwolf's system just because it's Aardwolf's? If anything, there would be a reason for me to write it to prohibit it.

The rule clarification is as it is because it fits with the spirit that Adam had wanted to enshrine in the rules in the first place. That's it, and that's all. In Aardwolf's case, although the letter of the law seemed to be being violated (though technically wasn't), the system was completely opt-in. It serves merely as a handy way for players who want to vote to keep track of when they want to vote. Medievia's system, as implemented, was not only not opt-in, but you couldn't opt-out. It was not just a handy reminder. It was coercion. Adam clarified the rules because there's no reason something like Aardwolf's system shouldn't be permitted and there's no reason both the spirit AND letter of the rules shouldn't reflect that.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote