View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 04:49 PM   #97
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
I could have, but on the other hand, I don't really feel the need to justify ourselves to the people doing the attacking. Let them blow their hot air. It makes no difference to us except to let more people see our announcement by keeping the thread on the front page longer (and that's the only purpose of this thread, given that it's in the advertising for players section). If they want to do our job for us, fine by me.

I'm not a big fan of the stock codebases that are generally used, but on the other hand, just because a feature is stock doesn't mean it's not great, even aside from the fact that what is great is subjective. Quality and innovation aren't the same thing, as I seem to be saying a lot lately. They intersect, certainly, but much that is quality isn't innovative and much that is innovative is likely to be judged as pretty bad by most people.

You're still comparing apples and oranges there. There's not much point in equating a comprehensive system for furniture creation with a shop that sells a bench, for instance, though they could be be said to be "furniture systems."

Oh, furniture is super-popular alrighty, but it's hardly essential for our games either. They tend to be focused on PvP and community dynamics. Besides, the list of what "should" be done is so long as to be functionally infinite.  I kid you not when I say Achaea's ship system was first designed in 1997 or so. It still isn't implemented (of course the original design was thrown out long ago). There's just so...much...to...do, and we even have full-time employees working away, bless their hearts.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote