View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
obit

Home MUD: telnet://we-dont.gotdns.org:1701
obit is on a distinguished road
Re: Funniest Place You've Run into someone who plays your MUD?

Around 1995 or so, playing mtrek(a purely PK game) in a computer lab at the local community college, the 'whereis' command revealed that one of my long-time rivals (an enemy but also kind of a friend) happened to be playing from the exact same IP address as myself. I looked around and saw that a chick four or five terminals down on the next row forward, was the only other person in the lab. I logged off, slid down to a terminal almost directly behind her, and squinting, I peeked at her screen, hoping to gain an advantage. Without getting into too much detail, she still managed to beat me pretty bad and when I was just about to die, I got up, ran over to her terminal, and smashed a bunch of buttons on her keyboard until I hit break, and screen lock, and possibly a few others. She stared at me, wide-eyed in shock, and yelled "What the ****, dude!?" I then ran back to my terminal and finished the PK on her now-frozen ship, laughing hysterically out loud. Realizing what had just happened, she got up and flicked off the power strip to my row of terminals and flipped-me-the-bird, before storming out. I was still laughing as I heard her exclaim "****ing asshole!" with the lab door closing behind her.

-obit
obit is offline   Reply With Quote