View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 03:39 PM   #12
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
I certainly didn't take offense. I host all of my own servers anyway so it doesn't affect me personally whatsoever.

I care a lot about the MUD market as a whole. I think we all benefit from the market for text games growing. The backstabbing and attempts to drag "competitor(s)" down is exceptionally unwise. You don't see Blizzard trashing Bioware, for example.

I would not want to see MUD hosting companies get in trouble because they engaged in illegal business practices that they may not have even known was illegal. Their role in the market is absolutely vital as they provide a low-cost option to people who want to run MUDs. Web hosting accounts don't provide the same types of services that MUD admins need and thus they are not a viable alternative. I like knowing there are a healthy number of MUD Hosting companies operating (hopefully profitably) because I believe it is good for all of us.

That is also why I am sad to learn that these MUD Hosting companies are engaged in a feud that in my opinion helps nobody yet harms everyone.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote