Thread: Botting - why?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
Will

Will is on a distinguished road
Re: Botting - why?

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I think you know me well enough to know that I value RP. I've never played a RPI. My question was sincere.

My thing is this: In a game where power and influence is purely a product of role-play, you can emote an assassination, but if someone doesn't want his character to die it's not gonna happen. At some point there has to be some tangible way to determine who wins and who loses. In the scenario you described, what happens if there are no characters with the skill to carry out the assassination? Does your character get shunned to death?

You say that your girl was well-liked and had influence, but when it comes right down to it, if one of the combat-related clans decided it wanted to rule the world, what could she do about it? I mean, if a bunch of characters with mad weapon skills decide they want to get rid of the nobles and enslave everybody else, how is intelligence and knowledge of the world going to stop them?

Historically, the people in charge are the ones with the most money and the biggest sticks. Leaders need charisma and abilities beyond brute force, but every powerful government has a flush bankroll and lots of guns. How is this different in the games you're describing? What comprises the power that the "nobles" hold and how do they keep the highly skilled badasses at bay?

Last edited by Will : 04-15-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote