Thread: You
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 07:32 AM   #26
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Then I suggest you never play Vampire the Masquerade.

The same logic can be applied to any form of information, but you have to draw the line somewhere - muds are not full simulations of real life.

Thus you can assume people don't have their eyes closed when they type "look", and that they don't have their fingers stuck in their eyes when a sound occurs nearby.  You can assume that if they're hungry, the smell of food will appeal to them - there's no need to define every single food type that they like, or take into account any recent activities which may have put them off eating certain food.  Nor is there any need to make each character specify their exact muscle distribution - you can assume that everyone is fairly balanced.  Equally, if you wish to have something like fear or courage, there is no need to implement every possible phobia.

As long as the information is accurate within the rules of the simulation, you can do a pretty reasonable job.

And finally, stop telling me to start a new thread, because (1) this is still related to the original post, (2) it's completely on-topic, and (3) you're not a moderator on this forum.

The original poster claimed that "you" wasn't the cause of bad descriptions, to which you and several others disagreed.  I agree with the original poster, and I'm explaining why.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote