Thread: You
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #29
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
I think maybe people should not be so quick to impose the standards of their own mud upon everybody else's. After all, we all are different, we have different tastes and different styles of writing. Our muds are different too, and what's perfectly fine and acceptable in one mud, may be totally out of line in another. And isn't that diversity a wonderful thing?

I totally agree with Illuvatar that the quality of a desc doesn't have much to do with whether it contains the word YOU or not. I also think most of us are able to recognise a good desc when we see it.

Personally I prefer descs that are entertaining, in some way or another. And if that means breaking a few rules on the way - fine by me.

I've seen too many descs that were totally flawless concerning grammar and spelling, but also totally without flavour, imagination, originality and wit. Just boring, boring, BORING.

Accuracy is fine, but if all the descs in a zone tells me nothing more than the basic facts of the room I am in, it very soon gets boring to me.

A mud is a text based medium, so the text should entertain, in some way or other. If a book fails to entertain me, I don't read the book.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote