Thread: RpXp?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 05:03 PM   #13
rhakshai

rhakshai is on a distinguished road
I tend to agree actually- I'm surprised to see anyone describe Achaea as being level-based. Yeah, there is bashing and levels, but I tend to think of the basis and interaction between players. I'm not sure whether I should say player combat or politics is the basis...might as well say both, they're pretty well tied together. Level 30 is a cakewalk, level 50 isn't much harder, by around level 70 you're slogging along pretty slowly in terms of xp gain, but a lot of people get to around 60 and just stay there. It's only as important as you want it to be, really.

On another note, I'm not sure if Achaea has exactly the roleplaying system you want. We have a lot of rp because the system is very player-oriented, especially politically, but we don't really have a system of rewarding rp. There are "rolepoints" but each player starts with a full load, and they are only removed generally if you screw up roleplay. I have only seen a few very serious shmucks with lower than full rolepoints, and I've been threatened with rolepoint loss for losing my temper and saying a number of naughty words during an rp event, but other than that....

As Sapphron said, a lot of the rp is only rewarded by players, in intangibles. Better rpers tend to be more respected and so forth. But if you're looking for a system with concrete rewards for good roleplaying, this may not be it.
rhakshai is offline   Reply With Quote