Thread: Banned in China
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #17
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Just FYI, here's what a player from China sent me via a yahoo account.
--------------------
I did some checking just to make sure it wasn't all muds or just port 23 for telnet, Aardwolf, MateriaMagica, etc all work fine.

It's not just connecting to the muds which is an issue, it's everything to do with IRE it seems, all the websites are blocked, including the corporate website. It seems to be the same type of block that I get when I try to read the BBC News website out here, coming straight from the ISP.

Tried connecting out in Dongying, Haerbin and Dalian each city is in a different province and I get no joy anywhere, the page just doesn't want to load.

I can probably use a program like your-freedom to route my connection to the websites/muds via america, haven't tried that yet, on the road.

I saw the comments on IGN, if there was a Chinese software developer involved and an official from the government heard about it, then they'll probably have checked it out saw you call the government crazies (i've lived here six months, crazy doesn't even begin to cover the f*cking government in this place) and shut you guys down.
---------------------------

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote