View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for the right mud

They mean no games that give you credits to buy things in the game if you pay for them outside of the game. Like $50.00 for 10 credits, etc.

I often wonder why this is a bad thing. Usually, in our world (MUD's included) you get what you pay for. I've played the top games that have credits and they are some of the best games, best managed, and best maintained. Certainly in my top list of games worth your time.

If you think I am plugging games that are pay games or that use credits, I am. Again, you get what you pay for. I have been to at least half of the games in the top 40 on TMS along with a few friends and will verify that the games that charge, do so because you pay for quality and service.

Does New Worlds Ateraan charge? No. But they should. I just derailed this topic though. Sorry about that. I'll create this argument on a different thread.

In answer to your question, I might recommend Armageddon but it is so user unfriendly that I wouldn't suggest it for you if you are looking for RP encouraged game that you can quickly play. It is not really punk apocalyptic but more medeival without the weapons and such that you seem to want.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote