View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #15
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Orson Scott Card obliterates J.K. Rowling

Nothing remotly impressive about that rant. Personally I dont care what J.K Rowling is like in real life, and if she want to stop people making money off her books.. its her right... Gladiator in my top 5 films of all time.. even though Russell Crowe is apparently a total tit.. as I dongt care what he isl ike in real life.. same with Rowling. At the end of the day, I dont see any MUD's being too ashamed to use goblins, ogres, in their games.. or even 'borrow' great works of fiction to pad out scenarios in their game.

Really.. before slamming rowling.. take a good look at yourself, and maybe you should beware of hypocrisy.

The fact is, regardless of source, or lack of originality in theme, J.K.rowling put together a series of books that has inspired reading, and drove children and adults to the bookshelf again. I dont know the 'secret' of Harry Potter as I have been reading books almost every single day of my life since I could read.. and no book has or is likely to have the same effect as the Harry Potters.

Authors who have had a degree of success who take a swing at her are the cretins. I was embaressed for Stephen King when he took a shot at her writing skills when he forgot how to end a book a LONG time ago.

And what the hell does it matter if she did not announce that Dumblodore was gay in the books.. what possible effect could it have had on the story? Why should she is not be allowed to share insights and thoughts on her own characters that she felt were unimportant to the story.

Really.. anyone who enjoys watching people take cheap shots at J.K.Rowling.. or take shots themselves are authors who are losing popularioty, authors who are jealous of her success, or writers who never quite had the skill to make it themselves.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote