View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 07:39 PM   #24
OnyxFlame

OnyxFlame is on a distinguished road
My point exactly.

Also, the mud I play allows you to either target a social at a person or to add a 1 word modifier at the end of most emotes. So you can grin innocently or grin evilly or whatever without requiring 50 different grin type socials like some muds I've seen. Really useful for doing short and sweet stuff

As for foods and eq and such, the mud I play has numerous crafting skills so if it exists, chances are you can craft something that fits your RP needs. Steel armor is statistically the same as silver armor, which you choose to wear can be used to RP your char's personal preference if nothing else (unless one type of metal was all that was available, of course). Many types of food exist, so it's entirely possible to play a vegetarian or only eat steaks, or whatever. And in the case of the above mentioned soup, you actually have to hold a spoon to be able to eat it, or you can just grab a bowl and drink it like a heathen. It's too bad that to most players, skills and money are more important than interesting RP. We could do some really neat stuff if anyone ever felt like doing it, but for the most part people don't bother to RP intensely unless they can get something out of the other guy or they're bored.
OnyxFlame is offline   Reply With Quote