View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 09:32 PM   #18
Eagleon

Eagleon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eagleon Send a message via Yahoo to Eagleon
I hate it when you can't pick up and touch what you want in a game. Suppose I wanted to tear up a shirt, maybe to make an RPed bandage? Or I wanted to dye all of a passed-out drunk NPC's clothing brilliant yellow as a joke? My thought is that sometime, somewhere, someone will want to use something in a description, and they won't be able to. This also goes for room descriptions. I always love having the ability to manipulate the game world, so why not have that chandelier on the ceiling destroyable? Think about this situation for a moment: I'm part of a large, raging army, pillaging from a city that we have just conquered. I enter a noble's house, I see beautiful paintings, statues, a wooden staircase with a delicately carved hand-rail. I'm in a destructive mood, but not really blood-thirsty. Now in a conventional MUD, the only interaction I would have would be going upstairs and slaughtering the noble, his wive, his servants, and his five year old daughter, and then maybe taking the daughter's toy doll, MAYBE being able to cast a spell to destroy it (for some reason it's completely immune to the slash of a knife). None of this would affect the game world, but that's another topic. Isn't this all just a little stifiling?
Eagleon is offline   Reply With Quote