View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 11:26 PM   #10
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
I subscribed to Mud Companion Magazine when it first came out and I am eager to see the next issue.

I think it's an excellent idea to put together a "paper" magazine - for all the online resources available, as the saying goes, you can't take those into the bathroom. Ok, so you probably can, but it's cool getting an actual magazine, pouring through it, taking it with you.

I often read the magazines a few times over. I was pleased in the last one to see some articles on different ideas people could incorporate into their MUDs from an RP perspective. I always thought that people would enjoy talking about different skills, spells, classes, religions, etc. and taking those ideas and integrating them into their own MUDs. Granted, I know that most people like to be completely original with their ideas, but I know for example the article on the unique race of elves got me thinking about a lot of ideas that I could bring to the MUD I help administer.

I look forward to seeing the magazine grow in size and quality of articles. Maybe someday more issues would be put out per year. I'm happy to pay the price for the magazine...

Pleos, TP Imm
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote