View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #73
Lark

Lark is on a distinguished road
Well, hey now, I kinda think of myself as halfway-sorta-almost neutral, and I chimed in on the 'not cool' side of the street. If I didn't before, then I am now, I guess.

The thing was, it brought to mind that sort of sit-com, at the dinner table sort of situation.

Parent: "How's school going, kids?"
(Which muds are pay-for-perks?)

Child 1: "Good. I finally found the 'F' book in our encyclopedia set. It must've slipped under my bed when I was doing that report on France."
(Aardwolf says something about themselves)

Child 2: "Speaking of 'F's', [Child 1's name] is flunking math!"
(Matt kinda jumps in here with information not exactly necessary to the subject at hand)

Parent: (gasps)
(gasp)

So I can't help but feel the cool moderator deal was compromised a good bit here. The information was true (kinda...we didn't get to see Donathin's explanations), but it didn't come out as a direct result of the line of questioning.

Words sort of fail me here, it's a bit of a 'feel' thing, but it seems that a moderator could've just as easily kept something like that under his hat, or addressed it over a PM, at least, rather than blurt it out and give the party in question a black mark, before all the technicalities and such were sorted out.

That and the deliberate "Iron Realms Sucks!" thread weigh in a bit on my mind, and I'm having a hard time defending it. It doesn't seem like that one would do anything for the whole 'cooling off the flames' deal.

So that's it, just what I've been thinking about. I'm thirsty.