View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Inferno is one you might consider -

It used to be a pay-for-play but now it's pay-optional if you choose to join a guild (if I understand how it works now).

You don't have to join a guild to advance, although increasing skill strengths is easier with a guild affiliation.

Inferno isn't an RPI, but it is RP enforced, with scheduled and unscheduled staff-created plotlines you can participate in.

There aren't any levels, but there are skill classes and OOC coded devices (builds and experience points) that allow you to gain in skill ability.

The RP, in my experience, is pretty awesome, there are some fine roleplayers there. It's also newbie-friendly and though there isn't any newbie "school" there is an OOC area of the game where you first log in, where you can communicate with other players to get help and ask questions. The characters don't exist in the OOC area - players exist there as their account names instead and are described as "a wandering traveller" or some such.

I haven't played since before they changed the pay-to-play aspect of it, so I don't know how things are working out for people who don't want to pay. But that's something you can find out for yourself by logging into the game and creating an account. At the very least, you'll get a sense of hope in that there are games with a good amount of H&S and RP combined. At the very best, you'll love it and become a member of their community.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote