View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #197
Zhiroc

Zhiroc is on a distinguished road
You'll note in all of the above that I have not been talking about artifact purchases. Those are pretty clear and documented, and from the start by reading the docs you can decide whether the credits are worth the artifacts or the play.

You'll note, however, that in my previous posts, my complaint is with the fact that the credit system provides the bulk of the skill learning system. After maxing out at 100 levels, you can only achieve about 60% of the lessons needed to max out only 1 skill class. So, unless you count skills as a perk, this is a little more than just pay-for-perks (the question about how you can manage to win/work for credits aside for now).

The next observation is that no where in either Achaea's online manual or in Aetolia's help system will you find documentation as to how many lessons it takes to max out a skill. Without this, you have no idea to begin just how much money you are looking at to buy the credits needed. Luckily, my guild documented it, or I wouldn't know to this day. The answer is about 294 credits worth of lessons (somewhere around $100 if you buy them, more or less, depending how many you buy at once).

And that's why I think it is not entirely up-front.

Like I said, only if you think skill advancement is an optional perk. Perhaps the fact that in your limited time playing there (if I understood you correctly) that you hadn't connected just how not-optional credits would be to advance your character proves the point.
Zhiroc is offline   Reply With Quote