Thread: MUD Clients
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #19
SlothMUD

SlothMUD is on a distinguished road
After seeing SirTank say that Wintin.NET adds a tad more power than wintin95, I figured I would chime in with my opinion

The newest stable wintin has just about everything an everyday mudder could wish for(except for a mapper-which is on its way). Wintin.Net is fast and responsive. With Wintin.Net's scripts you can set up aliases and function keys to send commands quickly. You can also write scripts to respond to events automatically. Wintin.Net's script language implements all the Tintin++ commands, and introduces many new ones. It implements all the terminal display standards you will need for good communication with your mud. It works with firewall proxies, supports Mud Extension Protocol (MXP) and Mud Client Compression Protocol (MCCP). With the built-in chat client, you can communicate peer-to-peer with other Wintin, Zmud and MudMaster users. If there is something that you want and it isnt there, simply request it or if you can code simply write your own addin.

You can do everything from opening maps inside your client with html windows to clicking spells, etc to recast them. Here is a great screenshot of what can be done with wintin.NET...

The latest Beta includes the ability to have multiple sessions, 256 colour support, - C# and VB.Net scripting.

I would say that almost 50-75% of our players use this client.

Wintin.Net is free. It is open source software, published under the Gnu General Public Licence. The source code is downloadable from this site, and is available to you to review or change as you wish.

I've often wondered why people haven't helped with this software, that is obviously quite advanced, and created an ubar client that can compete with the zmuds(although many of us use wintin.net over zmud already). The opportunity is certainly there.

SlothMUD

SlothMUD is offline   Reply With Quote