View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #10
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road
Re: Games that already have everyone they want

So far, I got through the first and last post. Yay me! Anywhosits, I've dealt with this problem quite a few times. I stick pretty exclusively to the MUDs with MUSHy emote and plot standards, and when you're a new player trying to make your way into a clique where the IC characters probably have so much romance, intrigue, and back story already made...

It's intimidating, and sometimes it's hard to make them notice you. To be quite honest, the only solution is to do 'look at me, look at me!' emotes. Do something to get their attention - anything. Trip, pick your nose, sneeze on somebody - there's a whole plethora of things you can do to -force- your way into a scene, and sometimes that's just what you have to do.

In an RP Enforced game, when a newbie comes into a scene and poses something about standing idly in the corner, watching everything with curiosity, I'm not going to know how to interact with them. Am I going to just drop everything right now and go to that person, because OOCly I know they are a new player? Not likely - I'll try to think up an excuse to include you, but...

If you walk into a scene emoting how your character is yelling behind him at a fat bar wench, telling her that she wasn't worth two coins... THAT will give me a few more excuses for my character to ICly approach yours.
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote