Thread: Need a new home
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #7
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I know what it is - I'm just curious about where it's supposed to come from. It's one of the things I really disliked about Diablo, that you would "chop up" a huge swarm of insects with a couple of blows from your sword (which is bad enough as it is) and then a huge pile of platemail armour would "drop out". Diablo can get away with it (more or less) on account of being just another gauntlet-style computer game - but you advertise as an enforced roleplaying mud. Don't you think it seems a bit strange for someone to kill a rat, and discover that it had a pair of boots and a bow? I could understand if it were found upon destroying the rat's nest, but on the rat itself it seems very strange. Then of course there's the whole "rat" thing - doesn't it seem a bit odd that a warrior (even one in training) should have to actually fight it out with a rat? I mean even a regular peasant should just be able to stamp on the rat and kill it...

Not intended to rant at you, but those are both a couple of serious consistency issues which I see a lot of muds ignore, and I find them really off-putting.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote