View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 09:09 PM   #10
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
This is sort of what I mean when I added the quote: "I could have had a rp reason." But the thing is, that they seek the equipment because their player wants it, not because their character wants it. So yes, it would make sense for them to kill someone for their eq if they actually roleplayed it out. Instead of just saying "People killed other people for their belongings all the time, so I should be able to."

And many of these people do not even play thief/bandit/marauder characters. They may even belong to a noble house. And they don't act it out ic as though they just stole someone's belongings. They just walk around town wearing them as though it doesn't matter to them that they just commited a crime. And.. if we try to punish them ic, by say having guards or the city constable come after them, they whine about it, saying that it's "not fair".

So.. if someone actually takes the time to roleplay a common thief, and actually does roleplay it out, instead of just relying on excuses after the fact, then sure, killing someone for a piece of equipment could be an acceptable reason. But, what I just don't like is when they make no attempt to roleplay, or at least make it seem like they're killing for an ic reason, and then expect us to believe that it was done ic. If you are going to use an ic excuse for killing someone, then your pkilling should be motivated by ic reasons, and not ooc ones...
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote