View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 06:17 PM   #17
Thore

Thore is on a distinguished road
I used to play on a LAN with a friend and was once asked about multiplaying (which is illegal on the mud). We were given a simple test of saying the alphabet at the same time. I know it wouldn't be _that_ hard to fake it as a single player, but if you're not prepared I think it's an effective way to catch people.

I've only really played one mud but I don't see why multiplaying would ever be allowed. Don't most muds contain different races 'n such? Wouldn't it be detrimental to allow players to be logged onto a character of each race? Or even two of the same race... warring factions etc. Just doesn't make sense to me I guess. =)

The mud I play at has instated a policy of LAN registration. So if you know you're playing on the same LAN as someone you have to submit character names and to which players the belong to, this has helped a ton. And I'm sure most game adminstrators wouldn't be too hasty to ban an entire IP because they suspect one person of cheating. I assume most game owners would want to keep players and at least investigate the situation a little more.
Thore is offline   Reply With Quote