View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:47 AM   #373
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Re: What does "Free" Mean?

a. [ ] Payment and/or donations required to play.
b. [ ] Payment and/or donations accepted, rewards in game.
c. [ ] Payment and/or donations accepted, no rewards in game.
d. [ ] Neither payment nor donations accepted.

They would check either b) or c), depending on whether their policies produced an in-game result. We plan to check c), as it's our written policy that purchasing a T-shirt (or whatever) comes with no in-game result.

What are you going to do about the fact that there is no way to prove ANY game does or does not provide rewards "in game", and how can you reconcile the fact that the 4 and 5 option systems creating a situation that rewards people for being deceitful?

It's as easy or easier to adjudicate this compared to any number of existing search options. How have you "proven" that roleplaying is required on Threshold? I'm guessing you refer to written rules or policies.

1) Again, the quality of the system has nothing to do with whether or not it helps me. Again, you continue to miss the irony that the system helps me only if it is a helpful tool to searchers. If the system is confusing or too broad, it doesn't help anyone. Please debate the idea's merits, and stop with the attributions.

2) Lasher didn't "cave", and it's an insulting verb to use there. I'm not nearly the only person in this conversation, and I haven't kidnapped his relatives or anything. He's just as welcome to agree with me as he is to agree with anyone else. Heck, I'm not even the one who proposed the system, nor do I have naked pictures of any of the people who did. You'll need to conjure a new boogeyman, sir.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote