View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 09:38 AM   #34
Almondine War

Almondine War is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Almondine War Send a message via Yahoo to Almondine War
To be perfectly honest, I used to visit this site daily (if not more) back when I bothered to vote for my favorite MUDs. Unfortunately, my favorite MUDs were the "free" ones, and were (and still are) continually shoved further and further down the list by commercial games. By now, I've lost almost all interest, except returning to read the occassional post.

While there is nothing inherently evil with commercial games, they are a different breed, and I strongly support segregating them from "free" MUDs. They are simply a different calibre of game. You wouldn't put a boxer and a sumo wrestler into the same ring with one another.

I am perplexed as to why this idea would receive so much resistance, by either the community here or the 'Giant Head' that controls everything with its psionic powers of moderation and deletion. It would actually, in my opinion, be a step towards friendlier public relations, since it may do a little (very little) to appease the bad karma that rose up out of the diku-license mess and a lot to help MUDs who are owned by people raking out their own cash for the sole sake of entertaining others.
Almondine War is offline   Reply With Quote