View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
Kitriana

Home MUD: genesismud.org 3011
Kitriana is on a distinguished road
Re: Dealing with OOC

As part of a game that does not have any channels outside of a newbie help line -- I have to say I really enjoy the immersive environment it allows for. If someone needs to quickly communicate something ooc -- no one is sititng around looking for that conversation and will penalize them for it. Generally, people just police themselves in this regard because we enjoy the immersive environment that we have and want to maintain it. When a newbie comes in and they have questions that are ooc -- the ntell line works nicely and those who interact with that person in game will generally just shift the conversation to ensure it stays in character.

Yes -- a lot of people use out of game methods to have the ooc conversations with friends. Some of us choose to use them.. some of us don't. Ie MSN or our game's forum. You guys talk about how having an OOC channel helps you regulate what some of people are saying. If people want to cheat --- they will find a way to cheat and they won't be using the OOC channel. So I'm not sure what you accomplish by being able to "regulate" an ooc channel. Personally I prefer the uninterupted immersive environment to hearing a bunch of chatter across different channels.
Kitriana is offline   Reply With Quote