View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #53
imported_Synozeer

imported_Synozeer is on a distinguished road
I'd like to clarify the rules and make an amendment to them. By the letter of the rules, what Medievia was doing is not against the rules, but more against the "spirit" of the rules. Aardwolf's system is entirely optional and a player's choice, with no positive or negative effects for players opting to use it or not.

Therefore, I am amending the rules (with the bolded part being the addition to these rules) to the following:

You CANNOT offer incentives or rewards to players for voting. That means you cannot give players items, experience, or anything else in return for votes. You cannot display different messages based on whether someone voted or not, or reward a player for voting by not showing messages. You also cannot have a system that "nags" a player about voting (regardless of whether they voted or not) unless it is totally voluntary with no positive or negative effects for a player choosing to use or not use such a system, and it must allow the player to easily opt out of it at any time, also with no positive or negative effect.

Just for future reference, threatening a player base to vote "or else" would be against the rules, as it is a negative effect for not voting - the same as if an imm offers to reward players or change the status of the mud or anything in the mud if they vote.

Those muds in violation of this will have until Wednesday to de-implement their current system to follow the current rules. Note that if you feel something MAY go against the rules, but you're not sure, ASK me first, otherwise I may decide going against the spirit of the rules will be enough to enact penalties.

Adam

imported_Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote