View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Not Mud Related, but I'm looking for some assistance

First off. Congrats on your choice, sounds like a really good plan.

I'm not sure who reviews what work experience/tech courses you have, but I know from many years of interviewing people and evaluating while producing projects that most of these orgs only need it to look good on paper. You say that you have no work experience. Make sure that you are including Non-Pay work. Donated time or non paid time (internships, church, school, etc) are just as valid as paid positions. For example: In Film/TV productions, I have numerous college students and interns who get real work experience even though they are not paid on the set or in the studio. Some of the support staff, guides, and creators on NWA are not paid and still can use their hours of work on a resume.

Both of these types of work are fully supported by me in interviews or reference calls. Some of these people have gotten jobs or at least interviews for jobs from this type of inclusion in their resumes.

Do NOT sell yourself short to these folks. Have someone help you with your application and what to put on it and help you in how you word your experience/courses. It is all in the writing. Trust me.

Good Luck!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote