Thread: Fact VS Opinion
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #24
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Fact VS Opinion

I wish more people would understand and acknowledge this. In fact, mimicking real life is a bit of a crutch. It is the closest thing to what we do every day, and thus the easiest thing to role play.

That is one of the many reasons I always felt Ian McKellen got robbed when he lost the best supporting actor Oscar to Jim Broadbent (in a movie nobody even saw, Iris) who played a real life person.

But most importantly, it is arrogance to the highest degree to universally declare that the type of role play and the type of features one likes to be the best. That is probably why folks like prof and Delerak are being mostly ignored for the most part now (I wish we could get stats on how many people used the forum ignore feature on them by now). This has also been the legacy and the history of the RPI term defenders (note that I said "RPI term defenders", not "RPI players"). Their defenses drip with arrogance and elitism that "their" way is the best. Well, their way isn't the best, and they need to understand and accept that.

The real reason they hate every term other than RPI is the other terms don't have an implied superiority to them. It really is that simple.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote