View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
Lurker94

Lurker94 is on a distinguished road
Re: Searching after a MUD!

I've wandered through many muds over the years and I'm currently calling Aardwolf my mud home. For a mud that always has a minimum of 300 people logged in at a time, I'd say most players are friendly.

Friendly is a subjective term. For example, it's not the kind of "friendly" mud where the minute you log on someone hands you a full set of uber enchanted newbie gear. Aardwolf people generally are more into helping you learn how to play and offering reasonable advice. Personally, muds where they were so desperate for players that they would not leave you alone to even read a room description really annoy me! If you need help with something, there is always someone about to lend a hand without coddling you either

I agree with Spoke that the 100% free issue is subject to debate. Aardwolf will accept donations part of the year to pay for hosting and server costs. However, people who donate don't get anything that they wouldn't earn in game over time. I have not donated, nor do I intend to and I get to enjoy all aspects of Aardwolf and I don't feel like I'm playing a crippled or stigmatized character in any way.
Lurker94 is offline   Reply With Quote