View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
Eagleon

Eagleon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eagleon Send a message via Yahoo to Eagleon
Interestingly coded systems, be they magic, combat, or crafting. I want to feel that there are things behind the walls that I can learn and affect me (not syntax or basic use, but unexpected quirks or "physical laws" if you will that would make sense).

A world I can feel myself in. There should be room for the imagination of the player to kick in, but enough consistancy and depth in theme, background, and physical rooms/areas that it makes sense, so that I'm not looking at symbols on a screen, I'm looking at a castle, with some history behind it whether I know it or not.

Good RP in the players is nice, but over all, friendlyness from both the IMMs and players. I can actually enjoy a good H&S as long as I'm not scowled at every time I ask a question or make a little joke.

The feedback from the players should be listened to, and good ideas that fit the theme should be considered, naturally and with little fuss.

Finally, good help files! The completeness and informativeness of the help system often reflects how much effort the IMMs take to make the game playable, in my experience.
Eagleon is offline   Reply With Quote