View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Disillusionist

Disillusionist will become famous soon enough
Re: Childen friendly MUD's?

I'm a little surprised at some of the questions that weren't asked.

I'd be happy to look around to help you.
How old is your child? What reading grade level? What sort of mud experience have you the parent had?

I'd suggest looking first for a text-based PvE game (player versus environment) as a way to ease him/her into some of the content that can be found, even in 'kid-friendly' games.

Personally, I wouldn't let a child 12 or under play most muds, as much as to keep that content out of my kid's hands as for many players' personal preference not to play in muds that allow minors (or to play them anyway, and display covert hostilities). Nothing I'm aware of keeps adults from playing such games, and all that that implies.

Still, my kid is 6, so that may change, and I may be something of a dinosaur. I don't let him play video games for more than 60-90 minutes a week, and muds can be just as, or even moreso, addictive as graphical games. I guess you've given me a wake-up call to see what's out there for kids, because he's well aware that Daddy works on and plays text games, and he'll probably at least tool around with them.
Disillusionist is offline   Reply With Quote