View Single Post
Old 03-15-2003, 09:14 PM   #11
Gallahad

Gallahad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Gallahad Send a message via AIM to Gallahad Send a message via Yahoo to Gallahad
Red face

This is my basic character creation procedure (only tested on OtherSpace so far... ­­¬_¬):

1) Write a character bio.

2) Get bio accepted.

3) Totally trash any part of accepted bio related to character personality.

4) Develop character personality in RP.

If it's not obvious, I'm not one of those people that likes to do a lot of preplanning.

When I'm starting off with a new character, I usually have a very basic idea of what their personality is going to be like. However, because of the way I am, after a RPing session or two, I've either discovered or molded a completely different personality that's way better than I imagined. The only characters that I have truely and absolutely gotten into (I think three or four since I started with Eternal City in '98) have started out their lives as getting a complete personality wipe and re-write in the first night or two of interaction.

It is my tendency to (at least want to) tell people new to roleplaying or an RPing environment new to them is to start off by playing something they know to get into the swing of things. Then again, if you're like me, all of your characters share a lot with your real-life self, with each one representing one of the voices in my head.

And watch with wonder as I whiz past the thread topic.

Oh well.
Gallahad is offline   Reply With Quote